Wednesday, July 17, 2024
HomeEducation147 students begin work with city gov't under SPES

147 students begin work with city gov’t under SPES

TARLAC CITY, Tarlac (July 8, 2024) — “Learn a lot from this experience. Good luck! I hope you see how we work here in the City Government.”

These were the words of city mayor Cristy Angeles as she welcomed 147 student beneficiaries of the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) to the City Government of Tarlac. This initiative, aimed at providing valuable work experience to young individuals, is part of the city’s commitment to youth empowerment and development.

The SPES beneficiaries will engage in various tasks across different departments within the local government for a duration of 20 days. In recognition of their efforts, each student will receive a stipend totaling P11,818. This compensation is a collaborative effort, with 60% of the funds coming from the City Government and the remaining 40% being provided by the Department of Labor and Employment.

As these students embark on their journey with the City Government, they are not only gaining work experience but also learning the essence of public service.

This program ensures that the youth of Tarlac are well-prepared to face the challenges of the future with confidence and competence.

Cindy Layug
Cindy Layug
Cindy is a prolific writer with a contagious smile. She views dark skies as necessities to view a rainbow afterwards. As an Education graduate, she hopes to eventually teach and inspire the young ones.
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!

Most Popular

Recent Comments